Bacterial vaginosis is a common bacterial infection in women. In general, many women have no specific signs and symptoms. However, you should consider some home remedies when some signs and symptoms occur.
Signs and symptoms of bacterial vaginosis
– White, green or gray vaginal discharge
– A fishy foul from vagina
– Vaginal itching
– Burning during urination
– Pain when sexually active
These symptoms can happen anytime such as before, during or after the menstrual period. The level of condition might depend on woman to woman.
Read more: How to Get Rid of Blepharitis
There are some risk factors of bacterial vaginosis consist of:
– Relate to sexually active: having a new sex partner or multiple sex partners.
– Douching: according to studies, douching will break out the balance of pH level in your vagina. Therefore, it can cause an overgrowth of harmful bacteria.
– Weakened immune system: Women, who have a weakened immune system is easy to get vaginal bacteria.
If you do not treat vaginosis promptly you may get some complications:
– Preterm birth: Pregnancy might get a high risk of preterm birth when they have bacterial vaginosis.
– Sexually transmitted infections: Women will be susceptible to get STD such as Chlamydia, gonorrhea or HIV.
– Pelvic inflammatory disease
Home remedies for bacterial infection in women
– Drink enough water: Stay hydrated is necessary to maintain functions of the body. Water can boost immune system and prevent harmful bacteria which attack your vagina and kidney. Otherwise, drinking at least 2 liters per day might flush all toxins in your body.
– Yogurt: Yogurt should be consumed about 2 cups per day. It is a tool which balances your pH level. In addition, it can soothe your symptoms which are disturbing you.
– Garlic: There are many chemicals inside garlic which have ability to against bacteria and infection. Because it is powerful effect so that garlic is a great method to treat bacterial vaginosis at home. You can mix some garlic oil with half teaspoon of coconut and vitamin E oil then apply on the infected location twice a day. Furthermore, you can take garlic supplementary pills.
– Apple cider vinegar: This is a strong remedy which keeps a balance level of pH and reduces severe symptoms of bacterial vaginosis. You can take 2 tablespoons of vinegar into warm water then clean your vagina twice per day. Otherwise, you can add a few drops of honey with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar then drink twice per day.
– Tea tree oil: the antifungal and antibacterial properties inside tea tree oil can eliminate the odor of vagina and reduce symptoms. You can take a few drops of tea tree oil with some warm water then clean your vagina once per day. Note: pregnant women could not apply this remedy.